Welcome to your new ESL blog where learning english has never been so easy and so fun!!!!!


This blog was designed especially for you. You student at the ENGLISH FOR KIDS COURSE. The purpose of this blog is that you can have extra practice at home of the topics you are looking at in the course. Besides, you will find lots of extra material such as videos, songs, worskheets and so much more, that will help you practice your english in an enjoyable way.



martes, 13 de mayo de 2014


HELLO EVERYONE

I WOULD LIKE TO ANNOUNCE THAT THIS SATURDAY MAY 17TH IS OUR PARENTS MEETING. SO PLEASE TELL YOUR PARENTS TO BE ON TIME TO SIGN YOUR REPORT CARDS. THE MEETING WILL START AT 8:45 IN THE MORNING.






HOMEWORK

ANSWER PAGES 102, 103, 104 AND 105 FROM YOUR STUDENT BOOK AND 51, 52 AND 53 FROM YOUR WORKBOOK.

1.- READING. Here is the text you are supposed to read.

If I Could, I Would (2nd conditional)

Sometimes it is fun to think about things that we know will probably never be true. We can ask ourselves questions that don’t really have answers. If you won a million dollars in the lottery, what would you do? It would be nice to win the lottery but the chances of that happening are very small. If I won a million dollars, I would travel but I would also give some money to charity. And you? What would you do?
If you had a time machine to travel with, would you visit the past or would you visit the future?
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live? Would you like to live in more than one place if you had the chance? It would be interesting to experience different cultures for awhile but it would be difficult to decide which cultures because there is so much diversity in the world. If I could live anywhere I wanted, I might have trouble deciding!
What abilities would you have if you had superhuman powers? Would you want to be very strong? If I had super powers, I would like to be able to fly. Would you like to be able to fly too?
If you could talk to animals, what would you say? If you were an astronaut, where would you like to go? If you had one wish, what would it be? If you could ask me a question, what would you ask?

Vocabulary help:

  • abilities (noun) plural of ability – If you have the ability to do something, then you are able to do it.
  • astonaut (noun) – someone who travels in space
  • awhile (adverb) – for a short time
  • charity (noun) – organization that gives money, food or help to people in need
  • diversity (noun) – many different types of people or cultures,
  • time machine (noun) - an imaginary machine that lets you travel back in time, or into the future

2.- INFORMATION

El Condicional en Inglés

En el condicional imaginamos que pasaría bajo ciertas condiciones imaginarias.
If I had a lot of money, I would travel around the world.
Si tuviera yo mucho dinero, viajaría por todo el mundo.
(No tengo mucho dinero pero estoy imaginando que haría si tuviera mucho.)
En oraciones condicionales, ponemos el verbo en el pasado en la parte de la oración que empieza con la palabra if (aunque no refiere al pasado). Si el verbo es negativo, usamos el verbo auxiliar didn't igual como con verbos en el pasado. En la segunda parte de la oración (la parte sin la palabra if) usamos el verbo auxiliar would. Si la oración es negativa, usamos would not o la contracción wouldn't.
If I had a lot of money, I would travel around the world.
If I had a lot of money, I wouldn't work.

Podemos poner la parte de la oración que empieza con if primero o segundo, pero si lo ponemos primero, tenemos que poner una coma después de esa parte de la oración.
If I had a lot of money, I wouldn't work.
I wouldn't work if I had a lot of money.
 
NOTA #1:
El verbo to be es un poco diferente en oraciones condicionales. Esto es un aspecto de gramática que está cambiando. Antes en los libros de gramática decían que se tenía que decir . . .
If I were rich, I would travel around the world.
En oraciones condicionales como ésta, el verbo to be siempre tenía que ser were, aun en la primera y tercera persona singular (I, he, she, it). Antes se consideraba mala gramática decir was en este tipo de oración. Esto está cambiando y ahora hasta en libros de gramática ponen las dos alternativas (was y were).
If I was rich, I would travel around the world.
If I were rich, I would travel around the world.

NOTA #2:
No olvides que could es el pasado del verbo auxiliar can. Usamos could en lugar de can para indicar una situación imaginaria.
If I could fly like a bird, I would sell my car.
Si pudiera volar como un pájaro, vendería mi carro.
También podemos usar could en lugar de would en oraciones condicionales para significar podría.
If I had wings, I could fly like a bird.
Si tuviera alas, podría volar como un pájaro.

3.- PRACTICE. Here I posted some songs with the grammar we saw in classes.





4.- PROJECT. Aquí les dejo unos ejemplos de como vamos a trabajar con los proyectos para el dia de la clausura.





 
NECESITO QUE PARA ESTE SABADO LLEVEN LA INFORMACION QUE INVESTIGARON SOBRE EL PROYECTO DE CLAUSURA. LA PERSONA QUE NO LLEVE DICHA INFORMACION SERA SANCIONADA POR NO CUMPLIR CON LA TAREA.

Informacion que deberán investigar para el proyecto:

Que es?
Tipos de...
Causas
Prevención






HELLOS EVERYONE

ME GUSTARIA ANUNCIARLES QUE ESTE SABADO 17 DE MAYO TENEMOS NUESTRA JUNTA DE PADRES ASI QUE SUGIERO LES INFORMEN QUE SEAN PUNTUALES. LA JUNTA EMPEZARA A LAS 2:45 DE LA TARDE.




HOMEWORK

ANSWER PAGES 104 FROM YOUR STUDENT BOOK AND 51 FROM YOUR WORKBOOK. 

1.- READING.

Tell the Truth 
She was angry. She was angry at her husband. He lied to her. He lied many times. She was tired of his lies. She said enough was enough. She took off her ring. She dropped it into the toilet. She flushed the toilet. She got into her car. She got on the freeway. She drove the car fast. She was crying. She was very sad. She drove the car faster. She passed many cars. The speed limit was 60 mph. She was going 80 mph. A cop saw her. The cop chased her. The cop turned on his red light. He turned on his siren. She heard the cop car. She saw the flashing light. She drove faster. Now she was going 90 mph. The cop drove faster. It started to rain. She didn't slow down. She lost control. The car rolled over. It rolled over and over. She died before it came to a stop.  


2.- INFORMATION.WHAT'S THE WEATHER LIKE TODAY?







3.- PRACTICE. Da click en los siguientes enlaces y practica el vocabulario sobre el clima.

http://learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/es/fun-games/whats-the-weather

http://www.learnenglish.org.uk/kids/games/Weather_Maze/
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario