Welcome to your new ESL blog where learning english has never been so easy and so fun!!!!!


This blog was designed especially for you. You student at the ENGLISH FOR KIDS COURSE. The purpose of this blog is that you can have extra practice at home of the topics you are looking at in the course. Besides, you will find lots of extra material such as videos, songs, worskheets and so much more, that will help you practice your english in an enjoyable way.



jueves, 22 de mayo de 2014


WE ARE GETTING CLOSER TO THE END OF THE SEMESTER AND I KNOW THAT WE HAVE BEEN THROUGH BAD AND GOOD TIMES. I KNOW THAT I HAVE LEFT YOU SO MUCH HOMEWORK SOMETIMES, BUT I KNOW THAT LEARNED SOMETHING. SO I WILL STILL GIVE YOU HOMEWORK UNTIL THE LAST DAY OF CLASSES IF NEEDED CUZ I KNOW THAT YOU WILL LEARN SOMETHING EVEN THOUGH YOU DON'T WANT TO.


HOMEWORK

ANSWER PAGE 54 FROM YOUR WORKBOOK

1.- READING

Rainbows

Is there a pot of gold hidden at the end of the rainbow? If you believe the old Irish stories about how leprechauns hide their gold at the end of the rainbow, you might be tempted to try to find the end. No one has ever found the end of a rainbow!
The ancient Greeks believed that a rainbow was a path between Heaven and Earth. Rainbows were made by Iris who was a messenger of the gods. In Norse mythology, the rainbow was also a link between the homes of gods and humans.
In myths and stories from many cultures, the rainbow is an actual bow belonging to a god. For example, in Hindu myths the rainbow is Indra’s bow. Indra is the god of thunder, lightning & rain.
In Amazonian cultures of South America, rainbows were made by evil spirits who wanted to harm people. They would try to make people sick. Remember to keep your mouth closed when looking at a rainbow to stop the evil spirits!
Today we know that when rays of light from the sun pass through drops of water rainbows are made. The rays of sunlight are bent in just the right way to produce to different colours. The colours of the rainbow are red, orange, yellow, green, blue and violet (purple).


2.- INFORMATION

Infinitivo con 'to'

Se utiliza inifinitivo con 'to':

 Para indicar propósito o razón para hacer algo

He came to London to learn English.
Vino a Londres para aprender inglés.

He sat down to read.
Se sentó para leer.

I asked her to understand what she wanted.
Le pregunté para saber lo que quería.




3.- PRACTICE





CADA DÍA NOS ACERCAMOS MÁS A LA RECTA FINAL Y POR ELLO NECESITAMOS SEGUIR TRABAJANDO CON MUCHO EMPEÑO Y DEDICACIÓN PARA TERMINAR ESTE SEMESTRE CON LAS MEJORES CALIFICACIONES.

HOMEWORK

ANSWER PAGES 52 AND 53 FROM YOUR WORKBOOK


1.- READING

Rain and Hail
Dark clouds were in the sky. The sun went down. The weather got cold. The wind started to blow. Leaves blew off the trees. Paper flew through the air. People buttoned their jackets. The rain started to fall. At first it was quiet. Then it got louder. It was a storm. The rain was very loud. The man couldn't hear his TV. He turned up the volume. Now he could hear his TV. He looked outside his door. He looked at the rain. It was pouring off his roof. It was a flood. Then he saw lightning. Then he heard thunder. It was a very cold night. The rain changed to hail. The hail was very noisy. He turned up the TV volume again. Now he could hear his TV again. He watched TV for a while. Then he looked outside again. All the cars were white. The street was white. The ground was white. The hail covered everything. The hail looked just like snow. He wanted to make a big snowman. But you can't make a snowman out of hail. You can only make a snowman out of snow. 

2.- INFORMATION


CAN para Posibilidad vs Probabilidad

 "Can" indica que algo es posible (las circunstancias lo permiten o alguien tiene la habilidad de hacerlo).

I can play tennis quite well
I can open that door with my key
I can run for two hours
This car can go faster than 200 km per hour
You can go to France without a passport



3.- Practice. Escribe CAN para completar las oraciones.

My boss ________ speak English very fluently

You ________ take my dictionary for your exam

Your sister ________ come with us to the cinema. It depends on your mother

You ________ open the bottle with that corkscrew

You ________ use my computer if you want

________ you bring me a glass of water, please?

My father is very strong, he ________ lift 100 kg

You ________ enter the party with this invitation

You ________ find that book in the Central Library

________ I switch on the light? I would like to read the newspaper

Philip ________ use his father's motorbike

If you need it you ________ use our lawnmower (formal)

________ you help me to clean the swimming pool, please?

I ________ use the company car for private trips (informal)

We are going to the park; you ________ come with us if you want

With that telescope you ________ see Mars

You should buy lottery tickets; you ________ become millionaire

________ you help me to move this heavy box? I cannot do it on my own

If you have any questions you ________ ask me

My brother works in the Air Force; he ________ fly a fighter plane

If you study hard you ________ pass your exams

During the flight you ________ not use your mobile

With my savings I ________ buy a new car



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario