Welcome to your new ESL blog where learning english has never been so easy and so fun!!!!!


This blog was designed especially for you. You student at the ENGLISH FOR KIDS COURSE. The purpose of this blog is that you can have extra practice at home of the topics you are looking at in the course. Besides, you will find lots of extra material such as videos, songs, worskheets and so much more, that will help you practice your english in an enjoyable way.



martes, 11 de marzo de 2014



TIME IS GOING SO FAST AND A PROVE OF IT IS THAT THIS SATURDAY WE HAVE THE SECOND EXAM. SO I SUGGEST YOU TO GET READY. STUDY THE PAST PARTCIPLE OF THE VERBS, REMEMBER YOU HAVE A LIST. ALSO TRY TO SPEAK MORE IN CLASSES. 


HOMEWORK

FROM YOUR WORKBOOK ANSWER ONLY PAGE 40.


1.- READING.

Two frogs
A group of frogs were traveling through the woods, and two of them
fell into a deep pit. When the other frogs saw how deep the pit
was, they told the two frogs that they were as good as dead. The
two frogs ignored the comments and tried to jump up out of the pit
with all their might. The other frogs kept telling them to stop,
that they were as good as dead. Finally, one of the frogs took
heed to what the other frogs were saying and gave up. He fell down
and died.

The other frog continued to jump as hard as he could. Once again,
the crowd of frogs yelled at him to stop the pain and just die. He
jumped even harder and finally made it out. When he got out, the
other frogs said, "Did you not hear us?" The frog explained to
them that he was deaf. He thought they were encouraging him the
entire time.

This story teaches two lessons:

1. There is power of life and death in the tongue. An encouraging
word to someone who is down can lift them up and help them make it
through the day.

2. A destructive word to someone who is down can be what it takes
to kill them.

Be careful of what you say. Speak life to those who cross your
path. The power of words... it is sometimes hard to understand
that an encouraging word can go such a long way. Anyone can speak
words that tend to rob another of the spirit to continue in
difficult times. Special is the individual who will take the time
to encourage another.




2.- INFORMATION


  • Already y yet se usan con el Present Perfect (have + participio)

  • ALREADY se usa para contestar que sí (afirmativas) o para decir que algo ya ha ocurrido, y se coloca entre el auxiliar have y el verbo.= SÍ, YA.
  • I have already had a swim in my swimming-pool.
  • I have already said my mathematics lesson.
  • I have already studied the English present tenses.
  • YET se usa para contestar que no (negativas) o para decir que algo todavía no ha ocurrido y se coloca al final de la oración. = TODAVÍA NO, AÚN NO
  • I haven‘t had a swim in my swimming-pool yet.
  • I haven‘t said my mathematics lesson yet.
  • I haven‘t studied Conditionals with inversion yet.




3.- EXERCISE. Copy on your notebook and answer the following exercises.

Present Perfect - Yet/Already

Use the words below to form present perfect tense sentences using yet or already. Don't forget to put a full-stop at the end of each sentence.


Examples:Have you been to the art gallery?
No, I haven't been there yet.
Have you sold your car?
Yes, I've already sold it.

1.Have you seen the new movie?
No,
 2.Have you been to Paris?
Yes,
 3.Have you bought that new dress?
Yes, 
4.Has Allen gone to Melbourne?
No,
 5.Has he heard from Bill yet?
No,
 6.Have you finished your homework?
Yes,
 7.Have Annie and Bob got married yet?
No, 
8.Have you eaten at that new Thai restaurant?
Yes,
 9.Has Lisa played tennis this morning?
Yes,
10.Has the light been fixed?
No,


Sentences in Present Perfect with already and yet - Exercise

Say what you have already done (+) and what you have not done yet (-).


Toggle example
1) I (+/already/to listen to music)
2) I (-/not/to go swimming/yet)
3) I (+/already/to take some photos)
4) I (+/already/to help Jane in the kitchen)
5) I (-/not/to play the guitar/yet)
6) I (+/already/to have fun with my friends)
7) I (-/not/to wash my shirts/yet)
8) I (-/not/to make my bed/yet)
9) I (+/already/to do the washing-up)
10) I (-/not/to speak to my Maths teacher/yet)

4.- PRACTICE.




5.- VIDEO. Watch the following piece, and see how the PRESENT PERFECT AND THE SIMPLE PAST are used.











HELLO BOYS AND GIRLS

EL TIEMPO TRANSCURRE MUY RÁPIDO Y EL SEGUNDO EXAMEN SERA ESTE SÁBADO. ASÍ QUE LES SUGIERO ESTUDIEN MUCHO. POR OTRA PARTE, ME GUSTARÍA QUE HABLARAN MAS EN INGLES Y POR ELLO AQUÍ LES DEJO UN POSTER CON FRASES QUE PUEDEN UTILIZAR EN CLASES.



HOMEWORK

DEL WORKBOOK, CONTESTA ÚNICAMENTE LA PÁGINA 40.

1.- READING. Lee el siguiente texto e investiga las palabras que no sepas. Además, al termino del texto hay un link, da click en el y te enviará a la página donde el texto fue tomado. En el encontraras el audio en la parte de arriba. Da clic en play y escucha el audio del texto. Esto te puede ayudar a como pronunciar las palabras.

Ask Santa
It is December. That means it is Christmas time. Christmas time means Santa Claus is coming. Sara and Billy love Christmas. They love Santa Claus. They love the gifts from Santa. Last year they got nice gifts. Sara got a teddy bear and a rubber duck. Billy got a green boat and a rubber duck. The rubber ducks float. When Sara takes a bath, her pink duck floats in the water. When Billy takes a bath, his blue duck floats in the water. One time Billy put a goldfish into the tub. It swam for a while. Then it died. He buried it in the back yard. He was sad. This year Sara and Billy want bicycles. Sara wants a red bike. Billy wants a blue bike. Mama said she would talk to daddy. Sara asked mama, "Why don't you talk to Santa?" Mama said, "That's a good idea. When daddy comes home, he and I will talk to Santa."



2.- INFORMATION. Lee la siguiente información sobre el tema que vimos en clase. 

TO LIKE

1. La traducción más usual de "like" es gustar y es un verbo muy común. No obstante, en este sentido es menos enfático que "to love". Ejemplos: 



  • I like your new trainers - Me gustan tus tenis nuevos



  • I don't like his haircut - No me gusta su corte de pelo



  • 2. Al igual que "to love", “like” se puede usar seguido de un infinitivo o de un verbo en ING sin que esto altere el significado de la oración. Ejemplos: 



  • I like to eat hamburgers - Me gusta comer hamburguesas



  • I like babysitting - Me gusta cuidar niños

  • 3. Para las formas interrogativas utilizamos el auxiliar DO/DOES al inicio de la oración.
    • Do you like to go to the movies?     yes, I do/ no, I don't
    • Does José like to play soccer)        yes, he does/ no, he doesn't

    TO WANT 

    1. Este es el verbo cuya traducción directa es "querer". Se utiliza por lo general para cosas o acompañado de un verbo en infinitivo. Ejemplos: 



  • I want a LCD TV - Quiero una tele con LCD



  • I want to be there while my child grows up - Quiero estar ahí mientras mi hijo crece



  • 2. En inglés informal "want to" se suele contraer como "wanna". Ejemplos: 



  • I want to get pay rise = I wanna get a pay rise - Quiero conseguir un aumento


  • 3. Para las formas interrogativas, al igual que con LIKE TO, se utiliza el auxiliar DO/DOES.
    • Do you want to eat spagetti?       yes, I do/ no, I don't
    • Does your mother wanna drink a soda?      yes, she does/ no, she doesn't

    3.- EXERCISE. Copia en tu cuaderno las siguientes oraciones y completa los espacios con LIKE, WANT, LIKE TO, WANT TO y WANNA.

    Fill the gaps with like and want in the correct form.
    1They _____________ to visit The Tate Gallery when they go to London.
    2They'd _____________ to visit The Natural History Museum.
    3Angela doesn't _____________ to see The Last Samurai.
    4My parents _____________ me to read more.
    5Nuria _____________ it when they give her flowers.
    6Her dad never really _____________ his father-in-law, although they never argued or anything.
    7What would you _____________ to do this Saturday, pet?
    8I don't _____________ to do anything at all this Sunday apart from relax.
    9My girlfriend doesn't _____________ me playing video games the whole time.
    10Her  parents _____________ her to avoid Columbia when she goes on her trip round South America.
    11I love chocolates. That's exactly the reason I don't _____________ any in my house. I'd get fat instantly.
    12So what do you _____________ for Christmas? More socks?
    13My boyfriend doesn't _____________ it when I arrive late.
    14David likes people. That's why he _____________ to be a doctor.

    3. VIDEO. Mira el siguiente video sobre TIPOS DE PROGRAMAS DE TELEVISIÓN Y PELÍCULAS.



    4. VIDEO. Da click en el siguiente link. Observa el video e identifica las oraciones que sean en PRESENTE SIMPLE Y PRESENTE CONTINUO y copialas en tu cuaderno.





    No hay comentarios:

    Publicar un comentario